OTP’s commitment to its guests and team members
Procedures and protocols we comply with at Owl and the Pussycat if any of our guests/team members test positive for COVID-19.
Procedure for handling COVID-19 positive guests/ team members. We prioritise the health and safety of our guests and team members over anything else.
- Owl and the Pussycat Hotel strictly adheres to the safety standard and procedures. It has been doing so since the beginning of the pandemic and all our respective hotels have been awarded the certification of Compliance as a Safe & Secure Hotel by SLTDA since we have managed to meet the standards set by the Sri Lanka Tourism Operational Guidelines with Health Protocols.
- For further precautionary implementation, Owl and the Pussycat Hotel has been subjecting our team members to random PCR tests from the early stages of the second wave, to minimise further contamination and spread of the disease.
- Should any of our team members or our guests get infected and test positive while staying with us, we will take immediate measures to isolate the guests/ team members and carry out PCR tests on them.
- For any of our team members testing positive, we will assign a new team for the concerned department.
- Moreover, we also take precautionary measures to completely isolate a probable contaminated zone or areas of exposure within the hotel. We also work in close association with the relevant authorities to ensure compliance with the necessary procedures of contact tracing, quarantine, and care for our guests and team members. All this while, we also continue our random testing method.
- Our safety protocols
- New Standard Operating Procedures development for each department focussing on further improving the operation, cleaning, and sanitation to minimise the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- Formulating new Department guidelines which comply with the latest information and protocols issued by the local authorities and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Regular inspections conducted against a COVID-19 prevention checklist that has been developed based on the WHO and local guidelines.
- Frequent sanitisation of high contact points in all public spaces using sanitizing chemicals recommended by the government of Sri Lanka
- Improved and advanced sanitisation of guest rooms as per the SOP’s that require all surfaces to be cleaned and sanitized.
- All guests and staff who enter the hotel will be subjected to mandatory temperature checks.
- Hand sanitising stations are places in common guest areas, including lobbies, washrooms, restaurants and conference spaces.
- We have redesigned our food and beverage services to incorporate hand and respiratory hygiene, social distancing norms and current food safety recommendations by local authorities and the WHO.
- Hand sanitisers and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are provided for all our staff members and these are made easily accessible to them.
- We also conduct awareness programs through district medical officers and public health inspectors for each property to enhance the safety of our guests and team members. All staff are regularly briefed on the latest updates, guidelines, and protocols provided by local authorities and the WHO.
- We have developed efficient emergency action plans moulded by the guidelines as laid down by the authorities to make sure that all prescribed steps are taken immediately if a guest or staff member displays symptoms of COVID – 19.
Team Owl and the Pussycat Hotel