COVID-19 Procedures & Protocols
Procedures and protocols we follow at our hotel if any of our guests/team members test positive for COVID-19.
Procedure for handling COVID-19 positive guests/team members:
- Owl and the Pussycat Hotel maintains all the standardized safety protocols to ensure everyone’s safety since the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic and our hotels have been awarded the Certification of Compliance as a Safe & Secure Hotel by SLTDA to have met the compliance requirements as per the Sri Lanka Tourism Operational Guidelines with Health Protocols.
- To minimize the impact and spread of the virus, Owl and the Pussycat Hotel has been conducting random PCR testing of team members from the early stages of the second wave.
- Immediate steps will be taken to isolate the guests and team members and carry out PCR tests on them if any of our team members or guests get tested positive for COVID-19 whilst staying at any of our hotels.
- A new team will be assigned to work at the respective department, if a team member is affected, to ensure that service is not interrupted.
- We take precautionary measures to isolate and disinfect potential areas of exposure within the hotel. We also work closely with the relevant authorities to adhere to necessary procedures for contact tracing, quarantine and care for our guests and team members, whilst continuing our internal practice of random PCR testing to minimize the impact and curb the spread of the virus.
- Protocols to maintain strict adherence to MOH directives and guidelines in implementing the safety protocols and measures for COVID-19 throughout the property will also be carried out to ensure that business operations continue. Should you need any further details, do not hesitate to reach out to us at our safety protocols.
- Development of new Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for each department concentrating on enhancing the operation, cleaning, and sanitation to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID – 19.
- Development of Departmental guidelines which adhere to the latest information and protocols issued by local authorities and the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Daily inspections are carried out against a COVID-19 prevention best practices checklist, which has been developed based on the WHO and local guidelines.
- Frequent sanitization of high-contact points in all public spaces using sanitizing chemicals recommended by the government of Sri Lanka.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation of guest rooms as per SOP’s developed which require all surfaces to be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- All guests and staff who enter the hotel are subject to mandatory temperature checks.
- Hand sanitizers are placed in common guest areas, including lobbies, washrooms, restaurants and conference spaces.
- We have altered our food & beverage services according to hand and respiratory hygiene, social distancing norms, and current food safety recommendations by local authorities and the WHO.
- Hand sanitizers and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are provided for all staff and are available at strategic locations sessions.
- Awareness programs are conducted through district medical officers and public health inspectors for each property to enhance guest and staff safety. All staff is briefed on guidelines provided by local authorities and the WHO.
- Emergency action plans have been developed based on guidelines provided by authorities to ensure that all prescribed steps are taken immediately if a guest or staff member displays symptoms of COVID – 19.
Team Owl and the Pussycat Hotel